Pink Ribbon Week is Monday 23-28 October 2016.
Every year we like to throw ourselves into Pink Ribbon Day by holding a Pink Ribbon Week for the entire week of 23rd to 28th October.
Laura and I make 100’s of pink cupcakes to sell and thanks to the donations of all of our music families we have donated 1000’s of dollars to the Cancer Council.
If you are wondering why Pink Ribbon Day is so important to us, please read my blog post http://www.dynamicrhythms.com.au/blog/why-pink-ribbon-day-is-important-to-me/
Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon campaign aims to raise awareness about breast and gynaecological cancers, as well as raise funds for prevention programs, support services and vital cancer research.
Breast cancer is the most common life-threatening cancer facing Australian women
- One-in-eight Australian women – mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, friends – will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime
- Each day in 2016, 44 Australian women are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer
- Eight women die every day from breast cancer, leaving countless families devastated
- Around one in 700 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- There are nearly 60,000 people living with breast cancer in Australia today
Please share this.
Follow Us Here.